Barton Moss School Uniform – Sept 2019
At Barton Moss, we wear our school uniform as a badge of pride and respect which creates an important identity for our school and in our community.
We expect all of our parents to sign a contract with us to ensure that their child is wearing the correct uniform each day.
- Plain light grey standard school trouser (not leggings)/ light grey skirt/ pinafore
- Summer – light grey standard school shorts/ checked red dress (white socks with summer dresses only)
- Navy blue V-necked sweatshirt or cardigan- preferably with school logo
- Pale blue cotton style shirt (long or short sleeves) with school navy/red tie.
EYNursery only – pale blue polo shirt
- Plain grey socks or tights.
- Plain black shoes or plain black trainers – no ankle, long, high heeled or wellington boots.
- Plain school colours (plain blue/grey/white) simple, small hairbands, bows and clips.
- Watches are allowed in KS2 only
- Simple small stud earrings - other jewellery is not allowed in school due to safety.
- No nail varnish, make up or tattoos.
- Haircuts with tram lines are not allowed in school.
- Year 5 and Year 6 may bring mobile phones, but these must be handed to a teacher on arrival. School takes no responsibility for mobile phones.
P.E. Kits are needed from Reception
PE kit is an essential part of the curriculum. Children should bring their kit to school on the first day of each half term and take it home at the end of every half term for washing.
Children in KS2 without PE kit will be given a three minute timeout in keeping with our behaviour policy and will be asked to wear spare school kit.
- Plain black shorts
- Plain t-shirt in white (NO LOGOs)
- Black plimsolls / trainers for outside (this must be a separate pair)
- Plain dark tracksuits may be worn outside in cold weather.
- Swimming costume/swimming cap, trunks and towel (Year 4)
Please make sure that every piece of clothing is labelled
Don’t forget to check the lost property boxes outside the Hall if you lose something.