Hope you’re all well, I’m missing you all but we need to stay safe and look after ourselves.
Keep working hard with the home packs and tweeting, it really makes me smile when I see your work. I will continue to put a challenge on every day, just in case you want a rest from the home packs. Phonics lessons are now on http://www.ruthmiskin.com everyday which are great and will help you revisit the sounds we have learnt already.
We’ve set up home learning pages on here so that you can access more ideas from the curriculum, please feel free to send your work to @bartonmossCPS so we can display in school.
Ideas for at home
- Writing sentences remembering finger spaces and whooshes and flicks
- Listing rhyming words
- Practicing handwriting letters you struggle with
- Spelling Shed (weekly spellings)
- Purple Mash (log into mini mash and explore topics)
- Read books with your family and tell the story after in your own words
- Retell stories using our TFW actions that we have learnt out loud (traditional stories)
- Practice writing numbers to 20 remember your rhyme
- Practice counting with a partner up to 20 and beyond
- Add and take away 1 from numbers to 20
- Practice your numbers bonds to 5/10/20
- www.topmarks,co,uk is a great website for maths
- Keep fit by setting an obstacle course or accepting the @wearekickstart challenges on twitter!
- Get creative and make models out of card boxes and tubes
Most of all have fun! You could work little and often for example 20 minutes then have some fun outside, after do another tasks and keep having breaks.
Week beginning 27th it’s smiley face week you could make a smiley face for your window at home.
We will be back together soon, I hope! Keep smiling and enjoy spending time with your family.
Love from Mrs Chew
WB 18th May 2020
WB 11th May 2020
Reception's phonic and topic activities
Talk 4 Writing
Collins Bug Club are giving free access to E books online that are book banded and the children can choose their own level. There's a big choice on there. https://connect.collins.co.uk/school/teacherlogin.aspx
You just need to log on with these details:
Username email@example.com Password Parents20! and click login
The Very Hungry Caterpillar